In order to enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows on Roku, you must know the process of how to set up Roku streaming player. While you may find the steps related to Roku setup on a number of websites, but it is not that easy to follow the steps due to complicated language. But, today, we are going to discuss the steps to setup Roku in the easiest of the ways.
Step 1: Connect your Roku player to the TV
- For this, you need an HDMI cable (if using the latest TV such as LED TV or Smart TV). If using an old TV, then you will have to use a standard video connection.
- Connect power connector to the Roku device followed by connecting the adapter to the wall outlet.
- Setup the remote now by inserting the batteries.
Step 2: Setting up Roku player through on-screen instructions
- You will have to choose the right language.
- Connect the device to the internet.
- Roku player will install the latest software.
- Set the display type.
- Activate Roku device using Roku link activation code.
- The setup process is now complete.
If you come across any issue while setting up Roku media streaming player, then you need to call at Roku customer service number for more information. Roku is not going to start the process of playing content until you activate the device using the right activation code. The only step where you could encounter a problem is while activating the Roku device.
So, pay a close attention towards this particular step. If you see ‘HDCP unauthorized content disabled’ message on the TV, then it means that the HDMI cable is not connected properly. So, you need to connect the cable properly. If there is any problem in the cable, then you should replace that with a new one. Just don't use the same cable as that may damage other things in the Roku device as well.